Puerto Rico’s 2020-2021 Winter Baseball League
The Criolles won the 2020-2021 season!
Though you may not be able to buy "peanuts and cracker jack", a baseball game in Puerto Rico is an economical and fun evening out. Every winter (from November through January), baseball heats up on the island. Not only do we have local players on the teams, but some of the US league players come down to keep in shape and play in their off-season.
So, if you are having baseball withdrawal, catch a game while you’re here — I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Local League & Teams
For over 70 years, Puerto Rico has had its own baseball league. A number of the local athletes that have played in our league have gone onto bigger things, like the Major and Minor leagues in the States, and other divisions and leagues around the world.
The main professional baseball league in Puerto Rico is the Liga Beisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente (Roberto Clemente Professional Baseball League) — @LBPRC on Twitter and LBPRC on Facebook. Previously, the league was called Puerto Rico Baseball League. Before that, the league was called La Liga de Béisbol Profesional de Puerto Rico (Professional Baseball League of Puerto Rico). If you search the internet for info on this league, you’re likely to find it under any/all of those names.
The winners of this league go on to participate in the Caribbean World Series.
2020-2021 Schedule, Teams and Venues
The 2020-2021 baseball season starts on Dec 8th. This season, there will be 4 teams from around the island playing in the league.
The teams in the league this year are:
- Los Criollos de Caguas (on Twitter @CriollosCaguas, on Facebook)
- Indios de Mayaguez, (on Twitter @MayaguezIndios, on Facebook)
- The Atenienses of Manati (on Facebook)
- RA12 (on Facebook)
There will be 18 games played throughout the season. Last season game is Dec 30th. Then there will be Semi-finals games from Jan 2-10, 2021 and then the Series Finals will between the 2 winning teams will be from Jan 12-20th, 2021. Then the winning team will go on to Serie del Caribe (Caribbean Series), in January 31-February 6, 2021 in Mazatlán, México.
The Roberto Clemente Baseball League game schedule and will be available on the Major League Baseball web site. The scoreboards for the Roberto Clemente Baseball League games are also available on the MLB web site. Games will be played on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. A rare game on Monday, usually for rain dates. Note- on the schedule, the first team listed is the visitor and the second team listed is the home team (at their home stadium). For example, the first game on Dec 8th is Manati-Mayaguez. This means Manati will be playing Mayaguez in Mayaguez home stadium.
- Los Criollos of Caguas will use the estadio Pedro Montañez Stadium, Cayey
- The Indios de Mayaguez will use Estadio Isidoro "El Cholo" García in Mayaguez
- Los Atenienses of Manati will use their Pedro Roman Melendez Municipal Stadium
- RA12 will use the estadio Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan
The game start times:
- Check schedule- times vary! All teams except Manati local games start at 6:05 pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Saturdays games start at 4:05 pm. Sundays games start at 3:05pm. Manati local games start at 12:35 pm. Check schedule to exact times as they are variable.
The games will be played without audience in attendance. Games will be televised on WAPA Deportes and live on the teams’ Facebook pages.
Check schedule to exact times as they are variable. Game times vary by day of week and stadium, so make sure to check the schedule for start times.
We are in the process of updating the maps we use on our web site. While we're working on that, you can click on the GPS coordinates below to view the location on Google Maps ...
- Evaristo Varo Roldán Stadium: (18.261285, -65.966586)
- Hiram Bithorn Stadium: (18.416925, -66.073120)
- Isidoro 'El Cholo' Garcia Baseball Stadium: (18.193182, -67.155067)
PuertoRicoDayTrips.com assumes no responsibility regarding your safety when participating in the activities described in this article. Please use common sense! If your mother or that little voice in your head tells you that you are about to do something stupid … then don't do it!