Puerto Rico’s 2021-2022 Winter Baseball League
The Criollos de Caguas have won the 21/22 season! See you November 2022 for the next season!
Though you may not be able to buy "peanuts and cracker jack", a baseball game in Puerto Rico is an economical and fun evening out. Every winter (from November through January), baseball heats up on the island. Not only do we have local players on the teams, but some of the US league players come down to keep in shape and play in their off-season.
So, if you are having baseball withdrawal, catch a game while you’re here — I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Local League & Teams
For over 70 years, Puerto Rico has had its own baseball league. A number of the local athletes that have played in our league have gone onto bigger things, like the Major and Minor leagues in the States, and other divisions and leagues around the world.
The main professional baseball league in Puerto Rico is the Liga Beisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente (Roberto Clemente Professional Baseball League) — @LBPRC on Twitter and LBPRC on Facebook. Previously, the league was called Puerto Rico Baseball League. Before that, the league was called La Liga de Béisbol Profesional de Puerto Rico (Professional Baseball League of Puerto Rico). If you search the internet for info on this league, you’re likely to find it under any/all of those names.
The winners of this league go on to participate in the Caribbean World Series.
2021-2022 Schedule, Teams and Venues
The 2021-2022 baseball season starts on November 6th. This season, there will be 5 teams from around the island playing in the league.
The teams in the league this year are:
- Los Criollos de Caguas (on Twitter @CriollosCaguas, on Facebook)
- Indios de Mayaguez, (on Twitter @MayaguezIndios, on Facebook)
- Cangrejeros of Santurce (on Facebook)
- RA12 (on Facebook)
- Gigantes of Carolina (on Facebook)
There will be 32 games played throughout the season. Last season game is Dec 30th. Then there will be Semi-finals games from Jan 4-12, 2022 and then the Series Finals will between the 2 winning teams will be from Jan 14th-22nd, 2022. Then the winning team will go on to Serie del Caribe (Caribbean Series), in January 28-February 3, 2022 in Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic.
The Roberto Clemente Baseball League schedule (as found on Facebook on 06 November 2021) is posted below. Games will be played on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. A rare game on Monday, usually for rain dates. Note- on the schedule, the first team listed is the visitor and the second team listed is the home team (at their home stadium). For example, the first game on Nov 6th is Gigantes vs Cangrejeros. This means Carolina will be playing Santurce team in Santurce home stadium Hiram Bithorn.
- Los Criollos of Caguas will use both Estadio Yidefondo Sola Morales in Caguas and Estadio Pedro Montañez Stadium in Cayey
- The Indios de Mayaguez will use Estadio Isidoro "El Cholo" García in Mayaguez
- Gigantes will use the Estadio Roberto Clemnte Walker in Carolina
- RA12 will use both the estadio Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan and the Estadio Nestor Morales in Humacao
- The Santurce Cangrejeros will use Estadio Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan
The game start times:
- Check schedule- times vary! All teams local games start at 7:10 pm weekdays. Saturdays games start at 4:10 pm in Caguas and Santurce, and 6:10pm in Mayaguez, Carolina and R12 . Sundays games start at 3:10pm in Caguas, 4:10pm in Santurce and R12, and 5:10pm in Mayaguez and Carolina. Check schedule to exact times as they are variable.
The games prices vary, but they are not too expensive. Info on tickets: ticket info . Games will be televised on WAPA Deportes and live on the teams’ Facebook pages.
Check schedule to exact times as they are variable. Game times vary by day of week and stadium, so make sure to check the schedule along the top of the page for start times.
Click on a placename below to view the location on Google Maps ...
PuertoRicoDayTrips.com assumes no responsibility regarding your safety when participating in the activities described in this article. Please use common sense! If your mother or that little voice in your head tells you that you are about to do something stupid … then don't do it!