Saborea Puerto Rico 2019
SAVE THE DATE! Saborea 2020 will be held on April 2-5, 2020!
Food, glorious food … Drinks … Cooking technique & recipe demonstrations by famous local & international chefs … Live entertainment … All in a glorious ocean-front setting.
That is what you will experience at the 12th annual Saborea Puerto Rico "A Culinary Extravaganza".
It will be held April 4-7, 2019. The big event on the weekend is at the Balneario de Carolina Ventana al Mar . We have gone for the past couple of years, and we’ve really enjoyed ourselves. So you know that we will be there again this year!
What to Expect
On the weekend, your all-inclusive pass to the events will give you the opportunity to taste some of the yummiest food that local restaurant chefs have to offer. Each day, chefs from local restaurants flaunt their stuff, along with a number of other local-food-brand sponsors.
The chefs sometimes make things from their regular menu, or sometimes they create something special just for this day. There is also a wide range of rums (of course, thanks to the Rums of Puerto Rico), wines, beer, and other liquors to taste. And throughout the event there is lots of music and on Sunday, a “grilled cheese” competition with many local and international celebrities.
This is an adults-only experience.
Our Experience in the Past
We arrived at a little early, which worked out for us since we were able to get good parking. Once they opened, they immediately started giving us free stuff (like wine glasses, product samples, other goodies and a bag to carry it all).
Once the event opens, we went from table to table, eating and drinking our way through the whole tent. I think we tried just about everything, and we were stuffed!
It got more crowded as the day progressed, so there were lines to get to the tables. But that wasn’t all bad — it gave us time to eat & drink what we already had in our hands and chat with the other people in line. For 2018, they expect a much smaller crowd.
When we needed to take a breather, we watched the cooking demonstrations, or went outside to watch some of the entertainment (music and other things).
Throughout the day, representatives from a number of companies were walking around giving out free samples of their products.
All in all, we had a blast both days, and probably gained 5 pounds that weekend!
What’s Happening for 2019
- On Thursday night, from 6:30pm to 10:30pm, there will be the Bubbles & Bites event at the InterContinental Hotel in San Juan. Guests will be able to mingle with their favorite local and international chefs. There will be live music and tapas-style food. $75/person. $15 discount if you pay with your VISA. Info on buying tickets for this event on the Saborea web site. Advanced tickets needed, very limited!
- On Friday, at 10am, 3pm, and 5pm, there will be Things To Do according to the Saborea web site. To date, there are no details on what things there will be to do.
- On Saturday night, from 4pm to 11pm, during Saborea Sunset at Ventana al Mar. Talks and cooking showcases, and then the Tasting tent opens from 7-10p. Food, drinks, desserts! $75/person. $15 discount if you pay with your VISA. Info on buying tickets for this event on the Saborea web site. 21 years and older.
- On Sunday, from at 2pm – 7pm, Saborea BBQ open for tasting of freshly prepared foods and spirits. $65/person. $15 discount if you pay with your VISA. Info on buying tickets for this event on the Saborea web site. 21 years and older.
Tickets may be purchased on the Saborea web site, or you can purchase tickets the day/evening of the event at the event location.
Dress Code — Casual attire. The event is outdoors, under tents or out in the sun, so dress for the high daytime temperatures. The event may be on grass and sand, so flat shoes are recommended (no heels!).
Apply sunscreen — You will be outside in the sun a lot. A hat would not be a bad idea.
They had nice clean bathrooms, but be ready for a short wait for the ladies rooms.
This is an "adult" event. Kids are welcome for the brunch event on Sunday.
Parking is available at additional cost at the beach ($4).
You can visit the Saborea web site for more information.
We are in the process of updating the maps we use on our web site. While we're working on that, you can click on the GPS coordinates below to view the location on Google Maps ...
- Balneario Carolina Ventana del Mar: (18.451480, -65.994670)
PuertoRicoDayTrips.com assumes no responsibility regarding your safety when participating in the activities described in this article. Please use common sense! If your mother or that little voice in your head tells you that you are about to do something stupid … then don't do it!